Christmas is right around the corner, and Chanukah is here! In our family, that means tons of new books. We give our kiddos books most nights of Chanukah, because it’s a great present to open right before bed. A lot of families do the same with Advent, or on Christmas Eve.
Am I the only one who has a serious library piling up? That’s not a terrible thing, but it’s getting to be too much. And some kids don’t have enough. SO, I have a challenge for you. It is one that will help others, make some room in your kids’ libraries, teach your family to be charitable, and cost you nothing!
- This week, today even, go through your kiddos books with a big box or some reusable shopping bags and pull out any books they haven’t read in a long time or have aged out of.
- Take a good look at the pages and the cover to check for condition.
- The ones that look awesome still can go to help this awesome cause! Goldfish Swim School is collecting hard cover and chapter books as well as pajamas. You know how much I love them! My kids have had an amazing experience there this year, and on top of everything they do right with their swim lessons, they have multiple charitable projects going on throughout the year.
- Get the kids involved! Mine would probably tire out going through the stacks, so I get a head start, then I give them a sense of control by asking them to look through the ones I’ve picked out and select up to 2 to put back that are particularly meaningful to them. But then, they have to pick out a few from their stacks to add to the donation pile
- However you choose to do it is fine. If you try my technique, tell me how it worked for you.
They are also collecting new pajamas. Please tell me I am not the only one with shopping still to do this week. Go ahead and add a few pairs of pajamas and a few new books to your shopping list. You know it will all be on sale anyway. After doing so much shopping for my family and friends, the purchases I have made this year for kids in need give me a sense of satisfaction.
Here are all the details you need!
You have until Thursday. You totally have time! Make time in your errands for a quick drop off at either Dublin or Westerville location to drop off your donation. If you’ve never been in, it’s a great chance to see what I keep telling you about.